Y'all, it's finally starting to feel like spring. Can you believe it?! This winter feels like it's lasting forever in the north-eastern US. I'm doing my absolute best to channel the warmer weather, though... I've got my favorite sandals out of storage for easy access and my nails are painted white before Memorial Day.
I've been channelling spring on the internets as well... here's what I've found.
- Everlane released the Day Glove and I'm thinking it could easily become a wardrobe staple this summer. Perfect option for leisurely bike rides around town!
- The other day while walking around town, we picked up a Surf Wax scented candle by Surf's Up Candle in Belmar, NJ. Now our apartment smells like summer and I am [incorrectly] under the assumption that it's at least 70° outside.
- Once a year our calendars say "Earth Day". That happened to be yesterday, but maybe we can treat every day like it's Earth Day in the future? I am so very inspired by the incredible humans out there who only produce a mason jars-worth of trash.
- We're spring cleaning the heck out of our apartment right now, so I really enjoyed these wine pairing suggestions from Bon Appétit.
- If you live in New Jersey, the Stone Pony in Asbury Park has released their summer stage schedule and tickets are officially for sale. I've got tickets to one show in particular so far, but I think I'm going to be attending a bunch this year because the lineup is awesome.
- For the last couple of years I've been struggling to stay motivated in the field I've spent my waking hours working in. I don't know what I'm doing or where I'm going or what I want anymore, but I'm really enjoying reading articles about other people who feel the same way, and turned out just fine.
- I finally started running again (running & I have an on-again-off-again, long-term relationship). My first word of advice is just to get yourself out there, feet to the pavement, doing the thing. Runner's World had some recommendations for top-notch apps and podcasts to kick off your New Year (hahaha, even if your new year starts in April) running goals.
- Yoga With Adriene is still a favorite fitness go-to for me, too.
Hope everyone has an easy Monday and a mystical, magical week!