And a lot has happened!
- I took a long two weeks off from work to explore the west coast.
- I completed my HTL exam (and passed)!
- I started taking yoga classes several days/week, more on that soon.
I've been looking for my next steps professionally, but I'm not sure that I've found them yet. I guess that gets a big old TBD. For now, I'm just going to enjoy having no school, no homework, no studying, no testing.
On top of having no education to worry about right now (outside of CEUs for work), I'm not working overtime for the first time in, like, a year!
(which is amazing actually.)
So what am I doing with all of this free time? Originally I thought I'd be running a lot more, finding my next area of study, etc. This week I took a step back and changed my mind.
On Monday, I tried to go for my first run after one week off, and I just wasn't feeling it. I'm just not up for forcing it, so I'm taking a little time off from running.
On Tuesday, I signed up for my first yoga class in almost seven years. It. Felt. So. Right. The studio felt like an awesome fit, I was excited before going, I was happy with it when I left, and I never felt like I was questioning how much longer I had to be there for.
I enjoyed it so much, Is signed up for another one on Thursday... and then another on Saturday, and in a couple of hours I will be going to a warm restorative class with reiki.
So, given that I'm still excited for every class, I'm going to lean into that (hehe little pun). These classes feel right for the time being; running hasn't been feeling right lately. Maybe in the coming months I'll miss running and want to do both, but for now I'm just going to do what feels good!
Other projects and activities I'm working on right now includes:
- My ongoing quest to reduce my carbon footprint and reducing my waste/daily trash output.
- Balancing my budget after a super speedy August (vacation is expensive, y'all... and LA is another can of $$$$ worms).
- I've been reading a lot lately! After a year or so of mostly novels/dramas/historical fiction, I've been throwing in a bit of self-help, and educational material.
- After eating out for the majority of our two weeks of vacation, I'm so sick of eating out so I've mostly been cooking everything at home instead! I've only eaten one meal out since August 14th (it's now the 26th).
- I want to share my experiences in LA, San Francisco, Napa, and Portland. I'd write about Seattle but I've already posted so much from past trips, and this last one wasn't really tourism-focused. I had the opportunity to meet my super precious baby nephew and honestly spent most of the time just catching up with my sister and taking every opportunity for baby snuggles!
So... that's my brain dump. That's some of the stuff that's floating in my head right now. Also, totally unrelated, something that just crossed my mind: we're supposed to be getting a garage spot on September 1st! I can't wait. I can finally get the little stack of storage boxes and bicycles out of our living room and bedroom after more than two years! Ra cha cha cha.